30 thoughts on “Switzerland Travel Tips: 10 Things to Know Before You Go to Switzerland

1. Michael S says:

Nice video. You should mention tourist can enjoy "Tax Free Shopping" by using the "Blue Tax Free Form". This can be obtained at the customs counter and instruction can be found online.

2. Maria Hernandez- Rodriquez says:

I feel like the service charge goes to the restaurant and not the server. I live in CA and the surcharge(service charge) is to keep prices the same as the minimum wage rises. I don’t see a penny of the service charge. It may be different in Switzerland so make sure to clarify if you don’t want to be an asshole and not tip because you think the surcharge is the tip.

3. J. Howell says:

You have a knack of organising loads of info – verbal and literal form – concisely and presented them efficiently. Great job! About the weather in September: what’s it’s really like in the valley and near mountains (not apex) πŸ˜ƒ. Vielen dank!

4. TravelAmy says:

almost perfect πŸ˜‰Β
    but usual is to give 10% tip when you eat out in a restaurant. service charge is not included in the price, its the tax that you are talking about πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ but nobody will get angry at you if you don`t give tip πŸ™‚

5. Flying Lap Productions says:

The Swiss railway trains are extremely efficient very clean and comfortable. The second class train cars are far and above better than any NJ Transit train I have ever ridden on. Most of the New Jersey Transit trains are a shithole and most of the Amtrak trains are a shithole as well in fact the US in general pales in comparison as far as infrastructure goes. Not too mention cleanliness efficiency expediency crime and food and Switzerland are all well and above the United States. As a US citizen when I travel to Switzerland, and when I return to the us I am thoroughly disappointed and really disheartened. I won't even go into how much better direct democracy is over the Sham the scam the corrupt criminal so-called representative democracy platform is.

6. largol33t1 says:

Um, a BIG error there. They do not speak what is spoken in Berlin or Nuremburg, Germany for example. That is hoch Deutsche. People in Zuerich speak Schwitzer-Deutsche. There is a difference. Even counting is difficult because the pronunciation is so different. I heard two Swiss men talking to each other in a diner: One said "gruezi" (or "allo"). The guy wanted the no. 2 special on the menu, so he said "schwei" not "drei". Then after paying, the cook said "merci vilmal" not "danke schon." It goes on and on….
    PS: one thing you should have added: the Swiss do not freak out when the train is packed full. I rode the train from Milano to Zuerich and the train was so full that people were standing/sitting in the hallways, between cars and even outside the bathroom. This is normal so warn anyone in the family if they're nervous about tight spaces. Fortunately for me, I'm not one of those types!

7. I beat Osu! says:

The 8.5 % is tax.
    Tipping here in switzerland is really your choice. They wont look bad at you for not tipping. But i would recommend if you've found your service to be really good, i would recommend to tip the waitress.